The American Air Mail Society (AAMS) is the second oldest aerophilatelic society in the world, presently with about 800 members world-wide. It is a non-profit organization, qualified under the provisions of Section 501(c)(3) of the U.S. Internal Revenue Code as tax-exempt.
The Society promotes aerophilately through its publications, member auctions and an annual meeting held at major local and national stamp shows. It also holds a major airmail show every four or five years at the American Philatelic Society headquarters in Belefonte, PA.
One most important contribution by the Society has been it’s set of the American Air Mail Catalogue which covers all areas of aerophilately. See our Catalogue Page.
The AAMS is a member of the International Federation of Aerophilatelic Societies (FISA).
Join for new Membership or Renew your membership:
1. Both US Residents and International Residents can Join or Renew by mail with a check drawn on a US Bank in US Dollars. If a new member or if your information has changed, please also download the Membership Application Form, fill it out, and send your check to the address on the form.
2. International Residents outside the US may use Paypal to pay for renewal or for new membership, (this is temporary until we get the PayPal connection configured correctly.) To use PayPal please make sure that you are a member of Paypal. You can then pay for a new membership or a renewal through Paypal by clicking the Join or Renew buttons. Note the amount you need to pay from this table and click the Join or Renew button and pay that amount through Paypal. If you are a new member or if your information has changed please click the Membership Application Form. Fill it out and mail or email to the address on the form.
|United States||$30.00||Send a Check|
AAMS Membership & Benefits
AAMS membership is open to all who have an interest in or passion for air mail or aerophilately.
Membership includes a subscription to the Airpost Journal, the official monthly publication of the American Air Mail Society.
- Airpost Journal subscription
- Discount of 20% on all other AAMS publications (books, Catalogueues, monographs). Sales are handled by the APS (www.stamps.com)
- Annual Convention in conjunction with a major national philatelic exhibition in the United States where there are Philatelic Exhibits, meetings, programs, awards, fellowship and sharing.
- AAMS Auctions, three to six each year, held at various locations in the U.S. Auction listings appear on the AAMS website or can be ordered as hard-copy for a nominal fee to cover costs. Members (only) may bid in person, by mail, or by email. Check the Auctions page regularly for this.
- Major Awards for service to aerophilately, service to the Society, research, and the Aerophilatelic Hall of Fame for lifetime service to aerophilately.
- Literature Awards annually for the best article in the Airpost Journal, and best short article in the APJ and the most significant aerophilatelic book or catalog in the prior calender year..
- Exhibit Awards for outstanding aerophilatelic exhibits at national stamp shows.
- AAMS Chapters (local or regional clubs/societies) affiliated with AAMS in many locations across the country.
- AAMS Study Units focused on specialized subjects, e.g., Pan American, Lindbergh, Balloon Mail.
- Aerophilately Discussion Group. Online at https://groups.io/g/Aerophilately/
Joining the AAMS
To join the AAMS, you may download the Membership Application Form.
For general membership inquiries, contact our Secretary (see the Contacts Page)
Being a cooperative group, organized solely to assist airmail collectors, the American Air Mail Society and all its departments and services are not operated for profit. All AAMS officers, managers, and writers serve without compensation. Proceeds from all AAMS Services and Publications are returned to regularly audited accounts to support the AAMS , a Non-Profit organization registered in the State of Ohio, with full U.S. Government Tax-Exempt status.