Welcome to the American Air Mail Society News page. Here we will provide up to date listings for:
- Regular Auction notices will be posted here when we start a new auction. The actual auction listing will be posted on the Auctions page on the start date. We have about four to eight auctions each year. We also post price results of the auctions.
- Each month we post that month’s issue of the Airpost Journal. (APJ), for members. We also send monthly email to all members with a link to download that month’s PDF issue of the APJ.
- The NEWS and the Conventions pages will have information for the AAMS Conventions that will be held once a year at regular APS credited stamp shows.
- Our News Page also has a reminder that we have airmail related books and other literature on sale. The APS maintains a bookstore that includes our books, CDs and catalogs. Our list of publications is found by clicking from the Home page: Resources and then Publications.
- AAMS Official Announcements will be placed in these pages. Scroll down a few pages to view.
Page Down to see more Show
and Auction Information
American Air Mail Soc. Schedule 2021
Great American Stamp Show For AAMS 2021
AEROPHILATELIC TALKS & MEETINGS AT THE GREAT AMERICAN STAMP SHOW
Thursday 12 August
1:00 – 2:00 p.m. – Collecting Air Crash Covers – Ken Sanford
3:00 – 4:00 p.m. – British Airship Post: The Dream to Connect the Empire – Cheryl Ganz
Friday 13 August
11:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. – Royal Philatelic Society, London – 3 presenters
Mark Schwarz – “Vignettes of Boston Colonial Postal History”
Keith Klugman – “Use of 1857 Natal Embossed Stamps on Cover”
Cheryl Ganz – “Zeppelin Hindenburg’s Onboard Post Office”
12:30 – 2:00 p.m. – Zeppelin Collectors Show & Tell
1:00 – 2:00 p.m. – Rare & Unusual Interruptions of Mail – Postal History From Around the World (it will include
airmail crash & wreck covers) – Steve Berlin
2:00 – 3:00 p.m. – American Air Mail Society General Meeting
6:15 p.m. – AAMS Dinner at the Park Tavern restaurant, which is 11 minutes walk from the Doubletree hotel.
We will meet there for a drink at 6:15 and go to our table at 7:00. The website is here: https://www.parktavernrosemont.com/
Saturday 14 August
12:00 noon – 1:00 p.m. – Pan Am Clippers Conquer the Pacific – 1933 to December 31, 1941 – Jon Krupnick
4:30 – 5:30 p.m. – Medal Level Ceremony (Exhibit Medals & Society Awards)
Page Down for More Show Information
Sescal Philatelic Literature Exhibition
SESCAL Annual Philatelic Article Literature Exhibition
Entry deadline September 1, 2021
SESCAL is pleased to announce its Second Annual Literature Exhibition of Philatelic Articles. This is an exhibition of printed and electronically delivered articles related to the collection and study of postage stamps and stationery, postal history, revenue stamps and stamped paper, cinderella stamps and associated specialized fields. The 2021 literature exhibition will be conducted and judged according to the APS Manual of Literature Judging and Exhibiting, October 2019. This manual is available free online at https://stamps.org/events/judging-information.
Entries may be made by individuals, societies, or commercial businesses. Entries may be by authors, editors, publishers, sponsoring organizations, or webmasters. A separate application is required for each title entered. The entry fee is $30. Exhibitors outside the U.S. may pay via PayPal. Contact the Literature Exhibits Chair by email for further instructions.
Entry deadline is September 1, 2021. Articles will be posted on the SESCAL website for viewing a few days after receipt.
2021 Literature Exhibition of
Literature Judges for 2021
- Stephen D. Schumann, Hayward, CA – Chief judge
- Peter Thy, Davis, CA
- William S. DiPaolo, University Park, FL
There will be a Literature Grand Award, Reserve Grand Award and an unlimited number of ribbons in eight levels. APS medal for philatelic research, ISJP award for best article in Japanese philatelic area with vermeil or higher ribbon, and other “special awards” sponsored by philatelic organizations.
For more information and to download the application form and prospectus visit the SESCAL website at https://sescal.org/literature-exhibit or contact the Literature Exhibits Chair: Lois M. Evans email: email@example.com
Page down for more Show information: